Upcoming classes in 2020:
|Tuesdays, July 28 – September 15, 2020||via Zoom!|
|6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||Click to Register|
What Is NAMI Peer-to-Peer?
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is an 8-session educational program for adults living with a mental health condition or mental illness. Each session is a combination of lecture and interactive exercises and closes with mindfulness practices. Each session builds on the previous one, so attending each meeting is strongly encouraged.
What You’ll Gain:
- An advance directive
- A relapse prevention plan to help identify telltale feelings, thoughts, behaviors or events that may warn of impending relapse
- Mindfulness exercises to help focus and calm thinking
- Survival skills for working with providers and the general public
- Up-to-date information about mental illness and mental health
- Learn how to access resources to help with your recovery
Tell Me More About the Course
- Registration is required
- No cost to attend or register
- Meets for two hours weekly for 8 weeks.
- Is led by trained NAMI Program Leaders who are in recovery from a mental health condition
- Follows a structured format in a relaxed and confidential setting.
What Else Does the Course Include?
- Information about the challenges and benefits of medication.
- Discussion about stigma, mental illness as traumatic experiences, and not blaming yourself or others for mental illness.
- Guidance on how to survive a hospital stay.
- Accounts of wisdom and strength, hope and joy.
- And more…
What Others Have To Say About NAMI Peer-to-Peer
“Peer-to-Peer has allowed me to take the focus off my illness and learn to balance it with the rest of my life. By engaging in recovery I am able to be more relaxed and productive both at work and at home.”