The NAMI Southwest Ohio offices are closed, and all in-person classes, support groups, and presentations are suspended until further notice.
- We are offering virtual support groups via zoom in place of in-person support groups. Download our Zoom Support Group Guide for details.
- While our staff is out of the office, we are closely monitoring email and voicemail. The Information and Referral Helpline is still active Monday through Friday 9 AM – 4 PM. Please call us at 513.351.3500 to reach our specialist during those hours, or send an email and we will get back to you within one business day.
- NAMIWalks Southwest Ohio has been postponed until the fall. More information is available here.
Additional changes will be communicated as the need arises. Please continue to visit this page for tips, local updates, and COVID-19 mental health resources.
COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
Coping with Stress & Anxiety
- Behavioral Activation to Prevent Depression During COVID-19
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Feeling Anxiety About Coronavirus? A Psychologist Offers Tips to Stay Clearheaded
- Google Partners With NAMI To Create An Anxiety-Disorder Self-Assessment
- How to Deal with Coronavirus if You Have OCD or Anxiety
- Managing COVID-19 Related Stress
- The “Right Way” to Worry About the Coronavirus
Tips for Managing Mental Health
- Act Now To Get Ahead Of A Mental Health Crisis, Specialists Advise U.S.
- 25 Mental Health Wellness Tips for Quarantine
- Checklist for Setting a New Routine
- Managing and understanding mental health concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Mental Health Consideration During COVID-19
- Sleep, Sunlight and Self-Care: A Psychiatrist’s Advice for Pandemic Mental Health
Resources for Parents
- Helping Teens Make Room for Uncomfortable Emotions
- How to Ease Children’s Anxiety About COVID-19
- How to Keep Children’s Stress From Turning Into Trauma
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- Right Now I Am Fine by Dr. Daniela Owen
- Suggestions for Homebound Parents with High-Risk Children, via NAMI Ohio
- The NAMI HelpLine Information & Resource Guide (información y recursos)
- National Disaster Distress Helpline: Call 1-800-985-599 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746