Hot Topics in Mental Health
Outstanding Speakers on Issues that Matter
Hot Topics in Mental Health is a free community presentation discussing issues relevant to mental health. Sessions are scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday of every month, except on holidays or when the venue is not available. We hold Hot Topics in various locations throughout the region.
Join us for our next presentation:
NAMI’s In Our Own Voice
Tuesday, February 13, 2018, from 6:00 to 7:30 pm EST
Bethesda Arrow Springs
100 Arrow Springs Blvd.
Lebanon, OH 45036
“In Our Own Voice” is a unique public education program developed by NAMI, in which two trained speakers share compelling personal stories about living with mental illness and achieving recovery.
Anyone familiar with mental illness knows that recovery is not a singular event, but a multi-dimensional, multi-linear journey characterized more by the mindset of the one taking the journey than by his or her condition at any given moment along the way.
Understanding recovery as having several dimensions makes its uneven course easier to accept. Much as we don’t blame the cancer patient for dying of invasive tumors, we can’t condemn anyone whose symptoms from time to time overtake his or her best efforts to manage illness.
Learn more about “In Our Own Voice” here.
No CPEs are available for this presentation.
State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board
2018 Hot Topics
- January 2018: Youth at Risk for Bipolar Disorder by Fabiano Nery, MD, PhD NAMI presentation_Youth At Risk for Bipolar Disorder_Nery
2017 Hot Topics
- January 2017: Available Treatments for Alcohol Use Disorders by Clifford Cabansag, MD, DABAM, CTTS Alcohol Use Disorders PowerPoint
- March 2017: Maintaining and Sustaining the Courage Needed for Recovery by Charles Brady, PhD, ABPP
- April 2017: SSI and Employment: Understanding the Details Around Employment and Retaining Disability by Debi Schwartz
- May 2017: Legal and Financial Options for Caring for Yourself or Your Loved One by Janet Pecquet 2017 Legal and Financial Options of Caring for Yourself
- June 2017: Available Treatments for Alcohol Use Disorders by Clifford Cabansag, MD, DABAM, CTTS Alcohol Use Disorders PowerPoint
- July 2017: The Ins and Outs of Mental Health and Drug Dockets in Warren County by Judge Robert Peeler and Judge Robert Fischer
- August 2017: My Loved One/Client Just Got Arrested—Now What? by Roy Fouch, PhD, LPCC and Marilyn Johnson, AA
- September 2017: Healing Mechanisms of Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) in Treatment-Resistant Patients by Nelson F. Rodriguez, MD, FAPA (presentation PDF available by request)
- October 2017: Eating Disorders: A Hidden Killer by Scott K. Bullock, MSW, LISW-S, CEDS Eating Disorders: A Hidden Killer
- November 2017: Hope for Alcohol Use Disorders by Clifford Cabansag, MD, DABAM, CTTS Alcohol Use Disorders PowerPoint
- December 2017: Keeping a Close Eye on Treatment-Associated Weight Gain in Youth Diagnosed with Mood Disorders by L. Rodrigo Patino Duran, MD, MSc