Hot Topics in Mental Health
Outstanding Speakers on Issues that Matter
Hot Topics in Mental Health is a free community presentation discussing issues relevant to mental health. Sessions are scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday of every month, except on holidays or when the venue is not available. We hold Hot Topics in various locations throughout the region.
Join us for our next presentation with Tammy Wilkins, M.D., as she presents “Women’s Issues on Mental Health”!
Hot Topics in Mental Health
Tuesday, September 11, 2018, from 6:00 to 7:30 pm
American Red Cross
2111 Dana Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45207
Please check back for CEU availability.
2018 Hot Topics
- January 2018: Youth at Risk for Bipolar Disorder by Fabiano Nery, MD, PhD NAMI presentation_Youth At Risk for Bipolar Disorder_Nery
- February 2018: NAMI In Our Own Voice
- March 2018: NAMI In Our Own Voice
- April 2018: Life in the Fast Lane, New Approaches to Patients in Psychiatric Crisis by Cheryl McCullumsmith, MD, PhD Toledo Fast Lane Talk FINAL (003)
- May 2018: NAMI In Our Own Voice
- June 2018: Comprehension, Assessment, and Care of Eating Disorders, Katlyn Heath, MS, I-MFT
- July 2018: Walking Man, starring Mark Norwine
- August 2018: Stories of Living with Schizophrenia, Tracy McDonough, M.D. schizophreniaoralhistories.com
2017 Hot Topics
- January 2017: Available Treatments for Alcohol Use Disorders by Clifford Cabansag, MD, DABAM, CTTS Alcohol Use Disorders PowerPoint
- March 2017: Maintaining and Sustaining the Courage Needed for Recovery by Charles Brady, PhD, ABPP
- April 2017: SSI and Employment: Understanding the Details Around Employment and Retaining Disability by Debi Schwartz
- May 2017: Legal and Financial Options for Caring for Yourself or Your Loved One by Janet Pecquet 2017 Legal and Financial Options of Caring for Yourself
- June 2017: Available Treatments for Alcohol Use Disorders by Clifford Cabansag, MD, DABAM, CTTS Alcohol Use Disorders PowerPoint
- July 2017: The Ins and Outs of Mental Health and Drug Dockets in Warren County by Judge Robert Peeler and Judge Robert Fischer
- August 2017: My Loved One/Client Just Got Arrested—Now What? by Roy Fouch, PhD, LPCC and Marilyn Johnson, AA
- September 2017: Healing Mechanisms of Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) in Treatment-Resistant Patients by Nelson F. Rodriguez, MD, FAPA (presentation PDF available by request)
- October 2017: Eating Disorders: A Hidden Killer by Scott K. Bullock, MSW, LISW-S, CEDS Eating Disorders: A Hidden Killer
- November 2017: Hope for Alcohol Use Disorders by Clifford Cabansag, MD, DABAM, CTTS Alcohol Use Disorders PowerPoint
- December 2017: Keeping a Close Eye on Treatment-Associated Weight Gain in Youth Diagnosed with Mood Disorders by L. Rodrigo Patino Duran, MD, MSc