NAMIWalks to End Mental Illness 2019
Click here for 2018 NAMIWalks photos!
It’s time for NAMIWalks 2019!
When: Saturday, May 11, 2019 (rain or shine!)
Where: Sawyer Point, 705 East Pete Rose Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Check-in: 9:00 AM
Walk Start: 10:00 AM
Become a Sponsor
Over 1,400 people participated in NAMIWalks 2018. Your company can help make the NAMIWalk possible through event sponsorship. And your visibility at the NAMIWalk will show thousands of people that you value mental health and wellness. You could even form your own corporate NAMIWalk Team! For information on sponsorships, contact Emily Bauer.
Become a Team Captain
Want to get your family members, friends, co-workers and business associates involved? Form a Team! You can form a Team to:
- Celebrate recovery and remission from mental illness
- Honor a family member who is affected by mental illness
- Remember a loved one who lost their life due to mental illness
- Engage in some friendly competition among agencies or companies
- Develop more camaraderie with your coworkers
- Have fun with friends and family while raising money for a great cause
If you are interested in becoming a team captain, please contact Emily Bauer.
Volunteers contribute their time to help make the NAMIWalk a success. Volunteer assignments include Walk set-up and tear down and assistance with Walk-day registration, parking, refreshments, t-shirts, photos, and more. To learn more about volunteering, contact Emily Bauer.
How Do We Use the Funds?
Your participation in the NAMIWalk enables NAMI Southwest Ohio to continue our mission of education, support and advocacy for those affected by mental illness. Proceeds help fund our programs, which we offer free to all participants (the NAMIWalk generates about half of our annual revenue).
Why do we offer our programs for free? Because NAMI recognizes that mental illness can affect every area of one’s life, including finances. Offering our services for free eases the burden.
NAMI Southwest Ohio is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Quick Tips to Help You Fundraise
Watch these brief videos for tips on raising funds for the NAMIWalk and breaking the silence around mental illness.
- How to use storytelling to help raise money and awareness: https://youtu.be/mDntHIRiKzM
- Breaking silence around mental illness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49dYc_5b1Y
- A mother-in-law confesses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cRZugTBoGQ
- “Going public” on Facebook about mental illness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrKbQ8fWmbM
Want more information?
Contact Emily Bauer, Walk Manager. or call 513-351-3500.
For NAMIWalks Frequently Asked Questions, visit namiwalks.org
2019 NAMIWalks Sponsors